Still no pictures as the one room as yet unpacked is the computer room :o} That's because we have to do the floor in there as the carpet is bad enough that Michael can't work in there without triggering his allergies.
We are in our own house now and things are finally settling down enough to enjoy it and feel it becoming home. Grace and Jasmin are particularly fond of the backyard and the place underneath the chimney: it is full of chipped rocks... and, of course, the strip of dug over garden: almost as good as the sand in the park! We've finished painting the main floor, and are leaving the rest until we've had a bit of a break. "Mostly" is the answer mommy has to give to questions of "all settled in/unpacked?" There is still plenty to do, but now it can fit in with living rather than living needing to fit in around it!
Ming Christina and Bu Sangi took Grace and Jasmin to buy some pet fish for the fish tank they gave us. In the end they came back with a small fish bowl and a fighter fish... the big fish tank turned out to be too much work, they thought. Thanks for thinking this way for mommy and daddy :o) The fish got named Jace (JA - smin and Gra - CE), which Grace already calls him consistently. Grace reminds me every morning to give breakfast to Jace, and during the day excitedly says to me, "Let's go see Jace!" and carefully reminds me not to scare him :o)
I had a check up with the surgeon on the 2nd, which was very encouraging. He said that the amount of strength recovery that I'm already showing means very likely I will recover all my leg strength in time. I begin physiotherapy next week to speed that along. Such big thanksgiving this causes in us as it has been such a long wait and so many prayers have been offered for this very thing! Now I just have to discipline myself to continue to be careful even though I mostly feel normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment