Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day of Improvision

Today Sarin was sick so I suddenly had full control of my household. It was fun :o) It reminds me just how much I appreciate Sarin's help. It knocked a few usually smooth-running things sideways so they broke down or at least ran rather raggedly. It made us extra thankful for the abundance God has blessed us with.

Meals. Usually Sarin brings the day's food with her in the mornings and cooks it for us. Even the last minute announcement that she wasn't coming today didn't mean a trip to market as we had enough dry foods in our cupboard top cover the day. We had to eat vegetarian and unusual meals though :o) Oatmeal (with soy milk), flavored mashed potatoes (wrapped in seaweed papers), and spaghetti (without any meat in the sauce).

Grace had playschool this morning. Usually a great time for getting lots done. But Jasmin refused to give in and take her nap - until 1/2 hour before I had to pick Grace up. As Michael was at a meeting, I had to wake her up and take her along... poor girl! Grace enjoyed being greeted by mommy AND Jasmin though!

And best of all we had the run of the kitchen so Grace and I tried to bake some cookies even though we no longer have an oven of any kind! I'm quite tickled, because it worked! Rather a precarious set up of a metal pot and upside down lid, and a metal mixing bowl over the gas ring. We didn't burn any, though we did lose a few to the floor behind the gas canister.

Now we are off for our "bath", a bucket under the bathroom wall tap. I guess we've gotten used to this improvision - I almost forgot about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment