Friday, July 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday I've lived "in but not of" places all my life - a true TCK - and I've spent far too much of it dissatisfied: longing to belong and so not enjoying as much as I could have.  It's one of those things that we have to wrestle with off and on (or all the time!) living all over the world for short periods of time (and simply as a Christian in this world).  But I'm slowly learning to hang on to the things that I do belong to, and remember to exult in those:

my family
heaven
the world-wide Church

Pretty hard to go on complaining, or feeling sorry for myself, or lost/lonely/alone once belonging to those three groups/places have been contemplated correctly!

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place
    throughout all generations. 
 Before the mountains were born
    or you brought forth the whole world,
    from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Ps 91:1-2

Everywhere is home and nowhere is home.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is our dwelling place - yes! that's it! and so we know we can belong, we do belong to Him now matter where we are.

    ReplyDelete