Friday, November 07, 2008

Travel there went smoothly, and Grace handled saying goodbye really well. Skype seemed to satisfy her that Mommy and Jasmin weren't gone forever! Jasmin and I had a great visit, but near the end we both were ready to go home. We eagerly look forward to Christmas when we can enjoy Halifax AND family all together.

The trip home has a story... the trip went fine until Toronto. I got VIP service to our new gate, but then I was left to myself and Jasmin had had enough. First she managed to get her leg stuck between the seats and it took 3 passengers to get her loose! Then she was tired and hungry (she hadn't slept on the plane) and was in a lie-on-the-floor-and-cry stage. There was a Tims right there so I went to order something for her: an egg salad sandwich without the bread. Lots of funny looks but I did get it. :o) To top it all off I had a wicked headache. She cried in protest until the plane took off, and then fell asleep. I tried to as well, but my head hurt too much. I wanted to order tea to help it, but they were only offering coffee and water! So Michael received a sleepy grumpy girl and a sick wife :o( It was really bad - on the way home he had to pull over so I could throw up :o( So I got in and crawled into bed with some pills. A few hours later (11pm) we got to properly say hello to each other! Grace was so funny. At the airport I said "aren't you going to give mommy a hug?" so she went to hug Jasmin! I think she missed her more than me!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:23 pm

    I'm glad you had such a good time home, although the trip back sounds pretty unhappy!

    What's this I hear about you + family travelling together with Sarah in December? Because if you are, Sarah's stopping off to pick me up in Saint John, and I'll get to see you, too!

    ReplyDelete