Friday, October 22, 2021

Some Poetry - from Jasmin this time

 I Looked and I Saw

I looked and I saw

A man

With healing hands —

Hands of a King


I looked and I saw

A son

With love for me —

Love that adopts


I looked and I saw

A lion

With roaring call—

Calling back all


I looked and I saw

A rabbi

With humble words —

Humble yet strong


I looked and I saw

A criminal

With false charges—

Charged and condemned 


And I looked and I saw

A lamb

With splattered coat —

Coat crimson red


And I looked and I saw

A tomb

With broken body —

Body laid dead


But then I looked and then I saw

A stone

With empty grave —

He rose again


So I looked and I spoke

A tale

With redemption —

Redemption for all

Dark, Light

Dark

Dark wails echo

Dark wails echo down halls

Dark wails echo down halls, haunting me

Dark wails echo down halls, haunting me, taunting me

Dark wails echo down halls, haunting me, taunting me — but remember

Dark wails echo down halls, haunting me, taunting me — but remember the light

Wails echo down halls, haunting me, taunting me — but remember the light

Down halls, haunting me, taunting me — but remember the light

Haunting me, taunting me — but remember the light

Taunting me — but remember the light

But remember the light

The light

Light

FirstHope

A tender white flower opens,

Glassy petals unfurling

Peeking through drifts of black,

And so First Hope is growing


To whom do I owe?

For whom do I seek?

My heart flickers, flickers,

My feet patter, patter,

But to where or for what

I do not know.


To whom do I yearn?

For what do I pine?

My voice sweeter, sweeter,

My thirst bitter, bitter,

But for what that can quench it

I do not know.


To whom do I fight?

For what do I long?

My words sharper, sharper

My temper looser, looser

But what kind words can soothe

I do not know.


To whom am I for?

For what am I worth?

My soul deeper, deeper

My will weaker, weaker

But to Him whom I am promised

I do not know.


A small pearl in the black

Tenderly lifted up

Cradled in worn palms

A whisper, “You are found.”

No comments:

Post a Comment