Not much excitement around here these days as we dove into our school year slightly unprepared and are still floundering a little. But some good things for the year's start:
The girls are taking a professional drawing course this year. And the results are quite impressive!
Fine arts certainly have the bulk of our time currently, as writing is a big piece as well. Grace is enjoying the challenges of very narrowly set writing exercises by a Coursera writing diploma course, and is also trying her hand at sonnet writing after studying some of Shakespeare's:
Eternal Choices
Shaking pressure tearing me apart
Separate worlds warring for my soul
Torn between two choices for me heart
Broken spirit longing to be whole
Promises of life and endless glory
Suffering and shame I'd have to bear
Both are present, both sides of the story
Promise these to me, with more to share
Which one should I choose, if what I take
Will seal my fate forever, good or bad?
Tell me, what eternal choices should I make
That when I end my life, I should be glad?
Choose that which will give you life forever
Choose to bow to Jesus, ceasing never
Aiden is enjoying our delve into Narnia, often begging to continue reading, and is improving in writing enough I can set work and expect it done and be readable by me.
So, even though school is spiling into the afternoon now that we have high school courses happening, and our schedules have yet to even out into a smooth rhythm, we're happy with what we've got going.


No comments:
Post a Comment