1. Mommy discovered a whole wall of shelves filled with audio books at our library. And with a few good choices, the family is hooked. Too bad Mommy's computer is the main one for listening on - makes it harder than ever to get any computer time to herself...
2. The wet fun of Ottawa's splash pad parks has been opened to us. We've discovered two very close by our house, and have unformed ideas about visiting as many as we can this summer. Not sure we'll be that mobile or free of housework, school work, and plain tiredness to attempt it officially. But this weekend we are planning to check off another two (a playdate and Aiden's birthday) .
3. Our bikes have already been to the shop for fixing! I tried to replace Michael's derailleur but couldn't manage to get the gears to actually change... turns out I was sold the wrong derailleur so it wasn't simply that I attempted more than I knew how. And Jasmin's bike: the front wheel stopped turning so it was like biking with her breaks on. Rather a mystery what actually happened as the front fork needed taking to pieces and putting back together. But we are back on the road (sidewalks) again.
4. We have decent strawberries in the back yard! Aiden is adamant that they are watermelons, but, hey, time will tell :o)
5. We've also seen a skunk in our yard - out from under our tiny deck, stalking the perimeter with its tail well up. I don't think he enjoyed being watched. Thankfully we've only seen him once.
6. We started our summer school. Mommy felt great because she'd actually managed to have the week planned out. In keeping with our normal, we more or less did none of it as planned! Maybe next week will be smoother? One can always hope...
No comments:
Post a Comment