Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Impromptu Hike

One evening this week I ran away. We had gone to the park to run and the kids to play, but Aiden wasn't about to let me run in peace... wailing and screeching after me, so I got him distracted and ran off up to our usual place to run, leaving Daddy running around the kids playing.  But the running place was full of people walking, running, visiting, so I just kept going through the gate and up the mountain behind us.
Grace and Daddy went up a week or so ago, and I wanted to see what it was like... I found my peace and plenty of green!
 The first breather point with a view. Our building is too far to the right to see.


 Turquoise plant with pink tips!
 Stream bed jungle view

 Some kind of hive or cocoon?  I didn't see any insects or openings.  And it is huge - see how it has bowed down the bamboo - it is at least the size of a soccer ball.

 I found a small dam with abandoned waterworks where I sat for a good while in the stillness. I'm definitely going again!

A native unique tree: pelawan with it's distinctive red, flaky bark.  It always makes me think of cinnamon...

No comments:

Post a Comment