Friday, August 02, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday

Story

Fit to burst
With upwelling story
That can not yet be told.
Stretched tight with effort
Of holding silence.
Choking on aching longing to share,
Be understood,
Cared for.

Emptied and wilted,
Tired of telling the same story.
Even though it's "a good one"
Feeling old, disinterested, worn out
From living the story
Telling the story
Hearing the story.

Wild inside, yet still
What can be said?
My story - nothing special -
Boring
Normal
Ordinary life.

Chapters of life
So very different from each other.
I'm glad I don't know
When and what
Why and how.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Neighbor! You linked up right before me today, but the FMF site was having issues so it took awhile before I could click on your link. a lovely piece of writing you did! I have felt this way before too..sometimes annoyed with the broken records of stories we have in our lives. I wish you blessings and love this weekend. ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this - several lines really resonated with me. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete