For about a year now, we have been tossing around the idea of buying me a new computer. I always managed to persuade Michael that I could happily wait - after all, buying a new mac is not cheap! Okay, so I was dealing with a 4 year old computer that had it's own quirks requiring reboots, work arounds, or at the very least a bit of extra patience but nothing mandating a new computer.
Last week he finally persuaded me that this summer when we are in Canada would be the most prudent time to buy, since it likely will be a few years before we need to visit Canada after that (buying a computer is cheaper there than buying most places here in Asia). I still felt a little uncomfortable buying when I didn't really need a new computer.
Yesterday I had new problems. More serious problems. Hatched purple screens. System crashes. Michael managed to restore it to working order and made a fresh back up - just in case. All seemed to be back to normal.
This morning, while doing my usual email/blog check, the screen flickered, came back faintly hashed, with no mouse. So I restarted as we had yesterday. Only it never restarted. And it still hasn't. Not after all the tricks of the trade that Michael tried. Not after prayer. Not after a visit to an iService store.
So. Am I happy that I now need that replacement computer that I agreed to? Or am I sad that it fully broke 3-4 months before we were planning to buy? Not sure. I guess it depends on how long I have to manage without my own computer :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment