Jasmin Stories
Tuesday Jasmin lost her blankie. We were walking to the mall to get groceries, which is quite the undertaking as the way threads along a narrow sidewalk with cement poles and whatnot scattered along it, under an overpass at a busy intersection, past some construction spilling onto the sidewalk, along a sunny hot busy street, across another major intersection.... with two little ones, it is not easy. So we didn't discover the loss of blankie until we were almost there. Mommy really didn't want to turn around and go looking for it and then have to still go shopping. Jasmin was mollified with a promise to look for it on the way home. She surprised Mommy with "...and I have two blankies so I still have one at home. But I want clean blankie (the name for the one she lost)" But when it was time to go home, we all realized that we had to take a taxi home with the groceries and wouldn't be walking to look for blankie. Jasmin's face crumpled again and tears began.
But a quick text to Daddy at work settled that. He actually left work right then and there to walk the street looking for it. Jasmin, full of child-like trust in Daddy, was satisfied once again. Lo and behold, Daddy did find it - even though this was now a few hours after it was lost! He called to tell Jasmin he'd found it. First thing Jasmin says when she gets the phone is "Daddy, I lost my blanket" and tells a long garbled version of events. When daddy got space to tell his news, the phone was no longer important to Jasmin. She pushed it aside. "Grace! Daddy found blankie!" she exclaimed with eyes wide and a little dance.
When Daddy finally got home that evening, blankie was hugged hard, and then spread out lovingly on the floor. "No Daddy, don't play with it. I have to say sorry first!" And she sat down, stroking blankie carefully, "I'm sorry, blankie. I won't miss you again."
But a quick text to Daddy at work settled that. He actually left work right then and there to walk the street looking for it. Jasmin, full of child-like trust in Daddy, was satisfied once again. Lo and behold, Daddy did find it - even though this was now a few hours after it was lost! He called to tell Jasmin he'd found it. First thing Jasmin says when she gets the phone is "Daddy, I lost my blanket" and tells a long garbled version of events. When daddy got space to tell his news, the phone was no longer important to Jasmin. She pushed it aside. "Grace! Daddy found blankie!" she exclaimed with eyes wide and a little dance.
When Daddy finally got home that evening, blankie was hugged hard, and then spread out lovingly on the floor. "No Daddy, don't play with it. I have to say sorry first!" And she sat down, stroking blankie carefully, "I'm sorry, blankie. I won't miss you again."
_________
Today we went exploring. With a little internet help, we found a fantastic toy store. A hidden gem, to be sure. On the 15th floor of a business tower, it is tucked away with now outside advertising or signage. It is a store, but kids are invited to play with sample merchandise - the staff actually take time to play with them! We were the only ones there today.
Grace and Jasmin thoroughly enjoyed playing picnic with a wooden picnic/tea set with the staff lady, and exploring the lovely selection of math/science toys. We chose a picnic set for Jasmin's birthday on Monday. She was so proud to be bringing one home! Of course, she wasn't so happy to realize she couldn't play with it as soon as we got home... But by the time Daddy got home she was all happy anticipation, "Daddy, I bought a present today!" she said, on her knees, eyes wide and leaning over her supper plate, "for my birthday! It's up there! (on top of the fridge)"
"Really? And how old are you going to be?"
"Four!" with pleased satisfaction.
"How many candles will be on your cake?"
"Seven!" counting on her fingers.
"No, you're going to be three. 1-2-3"
"Yes, three." with giggles. "I bought a present! For my birthday!"
"How old are you going to be?"
"Four!" with four fingers.
I think she wants to catch up to Grace who is quite proud she's four :O)
Today we went exploring. With a little internet help, we found a fantastic toy store. A hidden gem, to be sure. On the 15th floor of a business tower, it is tucked away with now outside advertising or signage. It is a store, but kids are invited to play with sample merchandise - the staff actually take time to play with them! We were the only ones there today.
Grace and Jasmin thoroughly enjoyed playing picnic with a wooden picnic/tea set with the staff lady, and exploring the lovely selection of math/science toys. We chose a picnic set for Jasmin's birthday on Monday. She was so proud to be bringing one home! Of course, she wasn't so happy to realize she couldn't play with it as soon as we got home... But by the time Daddy got home she was all happy anticipation, "Daddy, I bought a present today!" she said, on her knees, eyes wide and leaning over her supper plate, "for my birthday! It's up there! (on top of the fridge)"
"Really? And how old are you going to be?"
"Four!" with pleased satisfaction.
"How many candles will be on your cake?"
"Seven!" counting on her fingers.
"No, you're going to be three. 1-2-3"
"Yes, three." with giggles. "I bought a present! For my birthday!"
"How old are you going to be?"
"Four!" with four fingers.
I think she wants to catch up to Grace who is quite proud she's four :O)
I love Jasmin's blankie story. She thinks her blankie is an actual friend and needs to be apologized when it is being forgotten and left behind. What an innocent girl.
ReplyDeleteMichael: You just demonstrated what a loving and faithful father is. The girls will have no problem identifying the Heavenly Father in the future. Praise the Lord for you and Liz.
NiNi
Oh my, how sweet! Both stories are wonderful. I remember losing my stuffed bunny when I was three or four and how incredibly upset I was. We never did find it, so I'm so glad that you did! Michael, you are a wonderful dad to be willing to scour the streets in search of your little girl's blankie.
ReplyDeleteAwww...both stories brought tears to my eyes. Happy Father's Day to a wonderful Daddy!
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Ims
PS - when I read the first line of the story "Jasmin lost her blankie" my heart stopped beating for a second. I was ready to go out and buy one to ship it to you guys! So glad you found it. I just remember the reaction that Grace had when the blankie was left at home.
ReplyDelete