Saturday, November 14, 2009

Some good friends of ours gave me a rest day earlier this week by taking the girls over night. I spent the morning in the woods with a camera and a Bible. It was a wonderful morning of listening to the small sounds of the woods and the quiet voice of God. I freely took pictures of everything that caught my eye. later in the week, I rediscovered this poem and realized I had taken pictures well-suited for it:
Autumn Leaves
by LCF, 2004

Does my long-held hope hold such golden glory
When it breathes and sighs and dies?
Does my passioned prayer burn purple and vermilion
When it pours and falls, falls silent?
Does my loud longing love curl burnished bronze
When it swings before a winter wind, hanging helpless?
Do my footsteps leave and autumn auburn dust
When I walk in woods I would not choose, to follow?
And if my ravished cry of praise is heard,
Does God Almighty turn aside to see
This bush burning in the wilderness?
And does He find here heaped the harvest
Of the travail of His soul, and be satisfied with me?

A powerful meditation... it's questions and underlying desires call me to search my heart often this week - and onwards, no doubt! - how have I handled, and how will I handle to tough stuff God in His loving-kindness sends my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment