Saturday, December 13, 2008

We've had lots of snow this week. Grace and Jasmin enjoyed shoveling the driveway with Daddy. Daddy didn't enjoy having to do it 3 times in one day though! Notice neither of them will keep their mittens on... this has limited our outdoor time considerable since it is -12 or lower. I have to use the button on mittens of Jasmin's snowsuit to keep her hands from freezing and she doesn't like that because she can't grasp anything at all. At least Grace likes hats now :O) and Jasmin will tolerate one at times.

So we've done lots of indoor things... baking Christmas cookies being one of them since we have hosted one church potluck party and are hosting another for the youth group this evening. Grace and Jasmin's main helping activity...

The main reason for this post is to pass on this exciting thing Grace did today...
Just after putting a tray of cookies in the oven, I had to go hang up laundry to dry in the basement. I had just got down there when I heard Grace calling for Daddy (why not mommy? you'll see.)... and then Daddy asking me if I knew what they were doing and if I had left eggs within reach... I didn't and hadn't. Grace had decided to make eggs for her sheep (her current "doll"). So she had gotten the egg carton out of the fridge, but unfortunately it didn't get much further than the floor... the last of our eggs smashed! Jasmin enjoyed learning the properties of raw egg until Daddy began cleanup. The exciting thing was not all this. It came next. After Daddy's scolding she just stood there with a sad look on her face, and when Mommy came up she said to me, "I'm sorry, Mommy." Something we have not been intentionally teaching her yet. We were excited that this is something she has picked up - and not just the words, but the attitude and meaning; Grace was truly contrite. A great teaching moment :o)

Other happenings of the week:

Grace is fully potty trained now. She just decided, it seems like. She even cleans up after herself and flushes it down the toilet! Of course, there are still some wet clothes, but more often from a missed pour in the toilet than not getting to the potty in time. Jasmin is very interested in the whole thing and goes with her to the toilet every time. Once I even got there in time to see Jasmin pouring the potty contents into the toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment