Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yesterday we had a huge thunderstorm. Unfortunately, we had to go out just as it was approaching. Fortunately, we had shut the windows before we left home (not because we saw the storm coming but because it was so muggy we wanted to use the aircon for awhile to make our house bearable). It was kind of neat though. We got to see it coming, a dark threatening sheet slowly being pulled across the sky as we drove into it. it got so dark! Saw some awesomely clear lightening strikes too! I ran in to get my blood test done, and before I came back out the storm broke. From inside a 2 story building, on the first floor in the middle of the building I could hear the rain! When I came out it was sheeting down rain and as dark as late evening. I had to take three uncovered steps to the car and was soaked through before I got the door shut. Grace was awed, and Jasmin slept through it. Even the hail we drove though on our way home! We had fun juggling umbrella, bags, babies, and keys to get into the house relatively dry :o) It has to be one of the first storms that I have really enjoyed and not feared.

Today it is like Fall. The sun is shining brightly in a blue sky, but the air is cold enough to redden cheeks and make Mommy thankful we bought Grace sneakers yesterday - and she wore them when we went to the park this morning. A few more days of this and I'll have to dig out the girls long sleeves and socks. I love weather like this - it makes me feel so alive. I just wish I could be doing all the things being outside in this weather makes me want to do: dig over gardens, go for hikes, have a bonfire... We did spend the morning learning about apple trees as we found on with baby apples on it on our walk this morning. Almost as good :o)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:24 pm

    I think we had the same storm in Montreal. Sangi and I were out running and then all of sudden WOOSH...we were totally soaked. I was so thankful because I absolutely LOVE running in the rain and also because we didn't get struck by lightning :D

    Love you guys,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love storms! And fall weather! :-)

    ReplyDelete