Notes
Grace explored finger paint yesterday. It took a while for her to feel free with it after weeks of confiscated markers for coloring on herself!
No pictures! Private work...
Jasmin has 6 teeth now! They all came in a once... and we only had red cheeks and a runny nose - no drool or extra fussiness. But then, perhaps it was lost in the shuffle of crossing the world and settling in Canada...
Jasmin took her first steps today. Two steps to her NiNi. Not sure who was more excited and proud: Jasmin, mommy, or NiNi :o) She has kept trying all day, so her number of falls and bumps are on the increase. Not long now before she will be following big sister Grace!
I saw the neurologist this morning. One more step closer to surgery this summer. Some good news though: once the decision is finally made for surgery, the wait is short (usually 10 days or so) and the normal procedure is actually day-surgery! The recovery period is 4-6 weeks of absolutely no lifting, but after that the road to normal life is fairly smooth. The hold up now is that with the extensive testing I am showing weaknesses in my leg that are usually associated with different disks than the one my MRI shows is prolapsed. So, in the next few weeks, I will be getting electrical impulse testing to discover just exactly where the disk/nerve damage is. Then I will be referred to a surgeon who can actually set a date for surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment