Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our first day at conference:

I'm lying on the stage to the side of the auditorium for the sessions and people are beginning to comment/ask why. While explaining to Alan, we get talking about our trip home... and he tells us that the airline for our longest hop went bankrupt 2 days ago!! So we had to go hunting for internet so we could find out about our tickets... All gone of course. It took us three days to find and book alternative tickets!! But in the end perhaps it is best:
We can ask for special help
We can gate-check the double stroller in Hong Kong ( former airline said we would have to baggage check it)
We now have a layover, breaking up the hardest part of the journey for me

Those first few days were rough, but as the rest began to lower the pain (I could lie around all day, the girls were in child care most of the day, and I could get in the pool for some relief) things began to look up again. Not that is isn't a fight sometimes to give in to self-pity (I was really looking forward to joining in this conference!), selfishness (I hurt - I'm allowed to be grumpy), or self-beating (What did I do wrong? I should have... It must be my fault somehow...). The theme of conference this year really helped. So many of the talks, story sharing, etc. have been great reminders to us on how to face this from a God perspective.

We are delaying decisions on treatment, etc. until we arrive in Ottawa on the 22nd. We'll update when we know what is next. Needless to say our next months' plans are all up in the air again!

No comments:

Post a Comment