Right away they found the boat dock and off came the dresses so they could have a good splash. do you think mommy could get those dresses back on? Not till we'd been out about an hour and they were getting hot.

We saw a little bit of wild life:



and imagined the world from a tiny frog's point of view:

We also were joined by a friendly black lab called Phoebe and her owner out for a walk-swim-fetch. Grace and Jasmin were quite fascinated by the dog's ability to catch the ball in the air and to find it it the water. Phoebe's owner was also very friendly and won Grace's confidence so that the two of them chatted away about all sorts for a long time before us adults got to introduce ourselves:
"By the way, I'm Dan," offering his hand.
"Liz.." before I could continue with what I had in mind, Grace turns back in front of us, offers her hand to Dan and says, "and I'm Grace!"
Both girls were disappointed to have to turn around and leave Dan and Phoebe, but I don't think we could have made it to the end of the trail and back since Mommy hadn't brought the stroller or backpack carrier. As it was, Mommy had to carry Jasmin much of the way back! A very pleasant way of making sure she takes an afternoon nap :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment